Titan Group recognises that its activities and services have a significant impact on the wider social, environmental and economic well-being of the United Kingdom. By addressing the impact we can also improve the quality and performance of our core organisational processes and responsibilities.
Our internal published vision is "to improve people's quality of life by ensuring that waste is considered as a valuable resource and is managed to deliver the best combination of environmental, social and economic benefits". By embracing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) we will broaden our vision by actively looking for opportunities to improve our environment and contribute to the well-being of the communities in which we operate.
Tackling the challenge of addressing our wider impact and reflecting our vision will require a corporate and systematic approach towards identifying these impacts, demonstrating continuous improvement and delivering wider benefits to our core business, stakeholders and environment.
Titan Group is committed to maintaining a CSR system which is guided by the following principles:
- Shared responsibility - CSR involves everyone in our organisation, which means sharing the responsibilities of ownership as well as rewards.
- Openness and accountability - We communicate our CSR objectives and performance openly and honestly to our people, partners and other stakeholders. We also seek their views and encourage them to communicate with us.
- Continuous improvement - In line with our value add approach we are committed to measuring and improving our CSR performance. We develop and implement specific environmental and social policies and procedures, monitor our performance, set targets for improvement and report our progress.
- Demonstrate compliance - As a minimum we meet or exceed all relevant legislation. Where no legislation exists we will seek to develop and implement our own appropriate standards.
- Environment - To recognise the need to deliver services in an environmentally sustainable way and to include concern for the environment in all our activities. To address impact arising from the energy, water and resource use, transport needs and waste generation, of our services and activities.
- Relationships - To deliver our vision through developing strong relationships with our partners, other external organisations and individuals, which are conducted with integrity and courtesy, and by ensuring that we honour our commitments. To work with our contractors and suppliers to implement 'green' procurement and to develop a partnership approach for the delivery of our strategies and services.
- Communities - To build relationships with our service users, and the local communities which we serve, and to support local social businesses who share our aims. To encourage our people, and those acting on our behalf, to consider the needs of others in our day to day business. To encourage feedback from the local community on our CSR policies and programmes.
- People - To respect our staff and encourage their development and training. To promote and maintain equality and to have constant regard to the happiness of our people as a whole, including their welfare, health and safety, empowerment and communication. To encourage and promote team-working and the sharing of skills and knowledge, whilst recognising outstanding individual contribution and rewarding our people fairly.